pregnancy

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting Started

This is my getting healthy journal. Fat itself isn't even the biggest issue at hand. It's that I haven't been proactive enough with my life in general--physically, emotionally. I need to become a harder worker in many ways. This will track how I do with my health. I don't have "health problems" per se, but I don't want to get there anytime soon. I'm only 28 and I know that I HAVE to get a handle on things before it becomes even more difficult. Don't feel obligated to comment, but positive comments would definitely be appreciated, as well as "kicking-my-rear-to-keep-me-going" comments...just no swearing or tearing, if you please.

I'm going to keep up to date on how I eat (not just what), my weekly weight (I weigh undressed, first thing in the morning, before I eat, after going to the toilet. That way, it's always the same way to go, not dictated by what I've consumed or whatever) every Monday, and measurements as well. I will also blog how I feel emotionally about myself. I want to do this so that I can make connections as to how I handle my eating cravings that usually go along with emotional distress. I think I will also post monthly pictures of myself; please don't gag. :) I will also list what exercise I've done and how I feel about it.
Thank you for your support and caring.

4 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Char,

Good for you! I am trying to get my body back after having a baby too, I am totally inspired by you doing this, way to go. I can't wait to see your progress!

Nikki

Matt and Jen said...

You can DOOOOO it! I've gained all my weight back too. It was sure fun gaining it all back, but now I feel like crap. Time to jump back on the work-out train!! Let's hope I can do this again! I wanna have it all gone by January when we move to Ft. Lewis, WA. IT CAN BE DONE!

And I'm like you. This time I'm trying to get out of "weight loss" mode, and get into the "healthy living" mode. I wanna live a long HEALTHY life. I see people I love suffering from being obese, and it's sad. It totally lowers your quality of life. I wanna feel good again.

You are braver than I. I don't think i could ever post my fat pics online. My fridge is about as far as they get! haha! Love ya!

pcerik said...

I figure if it's posted, that the "scare factor" will help motivate me...not looking forward to that part, to be honest.

jen said...

I am so excited for you! I'm sure that you've got a great support but if you need to talk or just vent I'm here. Keep up the good work...'cause I'm watching you! ;]