pregnancy

Saturday, September 27, 2008

And again

Well, the week wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good either. I did really well for a couple of days out of the week, but a few days were just as bad as before. Looking back, I realize that I really could have controlled myself just as easily as before, but I didn't reign in my thoughts and fill them with something else besides the junk food I was thinking about before. I feel that is the key for my addiction/behavior--redirecting thoughts and also filling my thoughts/mouth with better thoughts/harmless food (celery, etc).

I also need to do better with exercise. It seems that I am still having a hard time with my old "all or none" attitude when it comes to exercise. Instead of feeling like I have to do it at 6am or I can't do it at all, I need to accept that getting it done at all is better than flaking out all together. Morning is better for me, but getting it done at all is better for me than no exercising at all.

I wasn't able to exercise yet this morning, but true to my word of trying to get it done with a better attitude today, I plan to do it when Sam and Claire take naps today.

Thank you for all those who are checking on me and comment and support me. I love you all.

Since I flaked for a while before starting up this week, I think I actually gained 3 lbs--how sad is that--between my first weight and this past Monday. So, I'll be posting my new (hopefully not too much more) weight and measurements, and finally put on my before picture. I plan on putting on the same kind of picture as what they do with The Biggest Loser tv show. Not flattering, but that's the point of this whole thing: to expose my problem and watch as it gets better.

1 comment:

jen said...

just keep moving foreward and keep your eye on the prize noting the little steps along the way, that's what will keep you going...it feels so good in the end. While I'm not quite where I'd like to "end up" I do know that looking back I keep thinking...why didn't I do this sooner, it feels so good.

~Jen