pregnancy

Monday, February 16, 2009

Back...with a vengence

Wow. I blew it. No excuses, I just did. I exercised one day and ate badly the whole time. I was feeling absolutely terrible about it, especially last night, because when I got to California, my pants were actually feeling quite loose, and when I left, they weren't. Yesterday at church, a little girl in my primary class said, "Sister Erikson, are you having another baby?" I said, "Heck no, I'm just fat." She laughed. I asked her if I look like I am, and she said yes. Doh!!! Gotta love blunt kids...they keep it real.

Last night, I was feeling the worst about it, knowing I had to weigh in today and guessing right at what I would see. My numbers here don't look too terribly bad concerning my weight gain, but I missed a weigh in last Monday because I was gone, so I know I gained more than what these numbers show. Because I was feeling so bad, all I could think about was baking and pudding. I resisted the urge to bake anything, knowing it would be bad, I would want more than I should, and there would be leftovers. So, I just made instant pudding, and allowed myself one serving.

My hubbie asked if he should have said something to me about my eating, or if I needed him to keep on me about it now. I said that now that I am home, I'll be good. He reminded me that if this is going to stick, it can't be "when the cat's away, the mice will play" mindset (of course, I'm both mouse and cat...). I have to remember who I am all the time. I think he is right. I can make good choices for my life, no matter where I am, no matter what. All that being said:

Last Weigh-In: 198.6
Today's weight: 200.4
Difference: 1.8 lbs
Total Loss: 7.8 lbs

That really set me back on my 10 lbs a month goal. I don't know if I can feel good about having any birthday cake or anything like that this week (it's my bday this week). I weighed in this morning before eating anything, but I hadn't worked out yet because I woke up late. When I weighed in, I was 200.8 lbs. I had my breakfast shake, drank water, worked out, and drank a bit more water, and then weighed in again, which was posted above.

I did a good workout today. I got some good running shoes while I was gone, and actually got onto the treadmill to start getting ready for the half marathon this summer. I also did upper body weights. It feels pretty much like starting over. My muscles are back to flimsy, and I even used the 7 pounders today, knowing that I set myself back from last week. I'm shaking my head, and trying not to let it consume me. If I have learned from it and do better, than I don't need to let it get a guilt hold on me.

Thanks to all who are keeping up on me and supporting me. I love you all.

2 comments:

Patty said...

You just have to pick your self up and let it go. It is not worth all the pain and suffering about what you should have done. It is over. Focus on today and next weeks weigh in. I love you and I know you can do this.

Ben and Mel said...

Charlotte- Don't expect perfection out of yourself, but do hold yourself accountable. There is a difference in dwelling on you rbad choices and growing from them... You will make bad choices. That is the way choices work... some will be good some not great some horrible, some fantastic...
Just know you hold the keys to keep losing weight and that is through proper diet and exercise. Be kind to my Charlotte though! I love you! I know you can do it! You weight a lb less than I do :)