pregnancy

Monday, February 23, 2009

End of Week 7 Report

I was a bit discouraged with what I saw, but I don't have reason to be. I think I was just feeling badly because I'm behind on my over all goal. That's alright; like I said, I will be happy even if I only take off 40 lbs in 6 months instead of 60, because the main idea here is to become a better me, and to change what my everyday life is/was like. I'm happy with it. Hey, I'm one sixth of the way there! Can't feel bad about that.

Last week's weight: 200.4
Today's weight: 197.6
Difference of: 2.8 lbs
Total Loss of: 10.6 lbs

One thing that I know I need to be careful of is waiting too long to get my breakfast after exercising and waiting too long to exercise on an empty stomach and then getting my breakfast late. I have felt a few times that my blood sugar was too low when I was exercising because I had been awake for some time before exercising. I prefer to exercise on an empty stomach because then I can use up my stored fat better. Today, I got up late, so I went ahead and had my protein breakfast smoothie. I'll just wait another 30 mins before I exercise.

After doing more research on the Internet, I have decided not to try for the Teton Dam Marathon this Summer. The reason is that I don't want to get an injury from trying to push myself too far, too fast. So, I'm going to enter the half-marathon in Pocatello instead. That one is supposed to be on September 5th, called Run the Gap. My friend Patty says she kind of likes that one better because it's flat except for one on-ramp. I'm also going to read a couple of books about marathoning for someone who has been a non-runner most of their lives.

No comments: