pregnancy

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yesterday....

I may have over stepped my calories for yesterday, but I'm really not sure. I made Quiche Lorraine--my favorite--that used a substitute equivalent of evaporated skim milk instead of cream, egg substitute (egg whites) instead of whole eggs, lean turkey bacon instead of regular bacon, dried onion, lite Jarlsberg and lite Havarti cheeses instead of regular swiss and any other cheese, plus a little bit of parmesan cheese and pepper. However, I did still use a pie crust instead of putting in light biscuit mix for a 'crustless quiche'. I think that I will try it that way next time. I have to say, I was VERY impressed with the way it turned out. It was really tasty! I think I will try it with regular egg whites, a bit less parmesan, and try it crustless next time. Wow, it was definitely good. I think that if I was over, it would have been that pie crust.

I woke up late again today, and so Hubby gave me a break from the morning routine so I could go ahead and get my exercise in; I didn't do it yesterday. I was so tempted to get off the treadmill, but the Lord helped me maintain focus and stay on it until the exercise was complete. I warmed up for 5 mins walking, and then started running, but then my left knee started having a sharp pain in it, so I just walked fast for the rest of those 3 mins, and then did the regular walk for the next 3. When I started running again, it didn't hurt anymore. I think I just needed to warm up a bit more. I was able to do 14 minute miles for 30 mins, plus another .4 miles with warm-up and cool down. I feel good now, and I'm glad that I went ahead and had help to get my exercise done.

I decided that the reason I've been feeling so bad is because I'm improving, and Satan likes to mess with my head. My hubby has been trying to improve his life also, and has been experiencing similar problems. However, we still have the advantage, because we ultimately have the upper hand in having our spirits control our bodies, if we want to do the work for it. It's very exciting to know that there really are great results of working hard, and that we can partake in the 'spoils'. I imagine myself, after I have made my physical transformation and staying that way, talking to people who are struggling who will probably try to say something like, "Well, I've had to battle this my entire life; you don't know what it's like." Then I'll say, "Think again, sistah..." and let them read my story, see my pictures and feel the strength that comes from making the choice to get through something hard and coming out victorious on the other side.

No comments: