pregnancy

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wimpy Boot Camp

Connie came today for her monthy check up on me. Here are the updated measurements that she took:

Middle of the thigh: 22.5" (same)
Belly--across belly button: 40"
Hips: 44.5" (lost an inch)

She gave me new exercises to do today. She warned me it would feel a bit like boot camp. Of course, anyone who has ACTUALLY been to Boot Camp would laugh their backsides off at my patheticness, but it just about was--except I didn't cry, and I probably would at a real Boot Camp.

I told PT Connie that I would probably still use my 5 lb dumbells. She scoffed at me and said, "WHAT?! No, you're going to use these tens." I interjected with "But I have sevens!" Nope. Wasn't going to happen.

Here's the thing: my arms feel like jello, and I had to push myself, but I was able to do it, and it wasn't THAT bad. 8) She said, "Are you hurting?" All I could reply in between breaths was, "It's not as bad as child birth."

My wonderful girlfriends and I are going to run the TetonDam 1/2 Marathon on June 13th. Two of my younger sisters have said that they want to do it also. If my brother has his reception that weekend, then maybe my other sister can do it with us--except I don't know if her dr. will let her; she's had a bit of back and hip trouble. Anyway, PTConnie gave me a schedule to get me back into running, and Patty gave me a schedule on how much/how far to run each day to prepare for the big run. I'm definitely excited.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
1302 cals
30g fat
171g carbs
86g protein
8 cups water

1 comment:

jen said...

Don't you love the jell-o feel? It's my favorite,that's how I know I'll be sore the next day...just remember that you are building muscle and that's sooooo good for weight loss.