pregnancy

Monday, January 12, 2009

End of week 1 report

I think I did pretty well last week. The only thing is that I made a few mistakes.
1. Considering all the carbs I had at Sunday Supper and after, I should have compensated by having more protein earlier in the day, even if it is the day that I am a bit more relaxed. I allow myself to have roast and all that like usual on Sunday, and I did pretty well. I think that next time I will use a smaller plate (a tip from a few friends of mine) so that I won't take as much if I'm going to allow myself to do this. Also, I made a cake from a box mix, and used premade frosting. I had 1/24th of the cake, and it wasn't as fulfilling as I had hoped, so later I had another piece, and then had the same feeling so I made myself 1/2 c of instant pudding. Then, I felt totally sick...I wanted to throw up. I was tempted to make myself throw up, but I didn't think that would be a good place to go. So, instead, I learned from it. If I'm going to indulge myself once a week, then I may as well make a dessert from scratch that really does for me what I want it to do: feed my sweet tooth just a bit, and feel like it did the job in a smaller amount so that I won't feel the need to have more. I imagine I probably consumed around 2000 cals. I need to be more careful, even on my 'day off'. At least trying to keep track a bit better would be good, because then even if I go over my limit, then I will know better where I am.
2. I did weigh myself this morning, but made a realization. The weight loss was great, but I wonder if I shot myself in the foot this week by reducing the calories and not doing my weight training. I hope that it wasn't all muscle loss that created a good number. I'm going to be doing my weights and cardio this week and take this week's number with a grain of salt. Also, if my numbers next Monday and for the rest of the month aren't very good, I shall also take that with a grain of salt since I will hopefully be building some muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. I'll know for sure that it will be because of muscle gain if my numbers aren't good because I can be confident in the foods I eat and their amounts.

So, down to business:

Starting Weight: 208.2
Today's Weight: 204.2
You do the math! :) Okay, I'll do it.
Weight Loss: 4 lbs

2 comments:

Patty said...

You are awesome. Keep it up. Get all those wight workouts in this week. I will too. Thanks for sharing what you are doing on your blog and when we watch BL.
Love ya.

Molly said...

yay char!!!!!! 4 lbs is awesome. thats a hand or something..... haha. you are doing so good and i love reading your progress. i am so proud of you. you are so gonna do it!!!