pregnancy

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Quick Blurb--Emotional Eating

A couple of my friends have commented on the 'emotional eating' issue. Baking is also exactly what I wanted to do, and did, when I was stressed. I got to be a great baker, and 215 lbs. Not good. I still allow myself to bake something on Sundays or Saturday nights for Sunday, but by Sunday evening, if there are leftover sweets that won't be eaten by the end of FHE the next day (me not eating them; it's just for the family), then I give them away. The family not having stuff all the rest of the week is just fine. If there is no one to give them away to, then you just have to bite the bullet and throw it away. PT Connie said that she believes in the 80/20 rule. If you eat well 80% of the time, you can have a treat now and again during the other 20%. For me, I think it has to be more like 95/5 for this first month, and then 90/10 after that. I'm okay with that.

No comments: