pregnancy

Friday, January 9, 2009

Nutritional Report & exercise

I've had a hard time exercising this week, concentrating on the food stuff, family and a visitor. I'm going to start again on doing the exercises Monday. I will get on the eliptical before then, but I'm going to start the regimen that PT Connie laid out for me on that day.

Yesterday, I had 1515 cals, 35g fat, 198g carbs, 108g protein. Definitely doing better with that. Last night we had Baked Egg Rolls. They were really tasty, even without the dipping sauce. The only things I do differently is line my cookie sheet with parchment, use water instead of eggwhite to seal them up, spray after they are on the cookie sheet, and cook the ingredients in a large nonstick pan (don't chill) and tip it to drain away the juice and use that for the dipping sauce instead. If you want the recipe, look here: Baked Egg Rolls

PS: My friend Erin made a point about a good tip for anyone else trying to get on this wagon:
Include protein in every meal and snack. Soy protein is a good, complete protein to include if you don't want to use meat so much. Just make sure that you don't have more than 8 oz a day of unfermented soy protein (like soy milk or fresh soy beans). There are way too many hormones and other naturally occuring chemicals that are not good for you when they are in abundance. Try including tofu and/or soy protein powder a few times a week. Thanks, Erin!

No comments: