pregnancy

Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm baaaaaaaack!

I'm back from my weekend away. I didn't count calories, and probably went a bit over because of that, but I am happy to say that I didn't go get seconds of any food, and I didn't have any sweets at all (not even the mints on the tables during workshops), and I tried to keep my portions reasonable and leave out all sour cream/salad dressing type foods.

I wasn't able to do exercise like I had hoped, but I was finally able to go swimming last night, and I can feel it today. I didn't just play in the water, I treaded water, I did different strokes in small laps that I repeated until I had to catch my breath, and a few other things to test some strength as well as get my heart rate up. I love swimming. I also was able to go roller skating the first night there. Oh, and there was a man there who goes skating there everyday because, from what the locals there told me, because of his health issues he will die if he exercises and will die if he doesn't exercise. I guess that roller blading is the inbetween that his doctors find acceptable. Needless to say, he is a really good skater! If I could do a few things here in Rexburg, I would make sure we had a good roller rink and a few good indoor public swimming pools. Love it.

It should be obvious to everyone who has been reading past posts that eventhough I didn't reach my goal of 6 days of exercise and wasn't able to count calories on all the days, I will only be a failure if I let that keep me down. I feel like I will be able to meet those goals this week. I hope that my weight will be alright...it is possible that it won't be a good prognosis, but I can always do better--if I choose to, and I do.

The article came out the day I left town. Here it is:
http://rexburgstandardjournal.com/articles/2009/01/22/news/32.txt

1 comment:

Patty said...

I didn't see the paper but others told me they did and how brave you are to put your self out there like that. Great motivation if you ask me. You are doing so awesome just keep it up. I am stuck in a rut that I need to get out off. I see old habits creeping back. Let me know how your weight in goes.